CDS Exam I Notification 2023 PDF
Online applications are invited from eligible male and female candidates for Combined Defence Service (CDS) Examination I 2023 by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. You can download recruitment examination notification through given link as under:
Selection Process of CDS Examination
Admission to the above courses will be made on the results of the written examination to be conducted by the Commission followed by intelligence and personality test by the Services Selection Board of candidates who qualify in the written examination.
UPSC CDS Syllabus and Test Pattern 2023
1. The Competitive examination comprises:
- Written examination as shown in para 2 in the notification.
- Interview for intelligence and personality test (vide Part ‘B’ of this Appendix) of such candidates as may be called for interview at one of the Services Selection Centres.
2. The subjects of the written examination, the time allowed and the maximum marks allotted to each subject will be as follows:
(a) For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy:-
|General Knowledge||12||2 Hours||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||13||2 Hours||100|
(b) For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy :-
|General Knowledge||12||2 Hours||100|
The maximum marks allotted to the written examination and to the interviews will be equal for each course i.e. the maximum marks allotted to the written examination and to the interviews will be 300, 300, 300 and 200 each for admission to the Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers’ Training Academy respectively.
- The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective type questions only. The question papers (Test Booklets) of General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics will be set bilingually in Hindi as well as English.
- In the question papers, wherever necessary, questions involving the metric system of Weights and Measures only will be set.
- Candidates must write the papers in their own hand. In no circumstances will they be allowed the help of a scribe to write answers for them.
- The Commission have discretion to fix qualifying marks in any or all the subjects of the examination.
- The candidates are not permitted to use calculator for answering objective type papers (Test Booklets). They should not therefore, bring the same inside the Examination Hall.
CDS Exam 2023 Penality For Wrong Answers
There will be penalty (negative marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the objective type question papers.
- There are four alternatives for the answer to every question. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate. One third (0.33) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
- If a candidate given more than one answer, it will be treated as a wrong answer even if one of the given answers happens to be correct and there will be same penalty as above for that question.
- If a question is left blank i.e. no answer is given by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
How To Download CDS Exam 2023 Admit Card
The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admit Card three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e-Admit Card will be made available on the UPSC website ( http://upsc.gov.in) for downloading by candidates. No e-Admit Card will be sent by post. All the applicants are required to provide valid & active e-mail id while filling up online application form as the Commission may use electronic mode for contacting them.
CDS Physical Standards For Officers On Entry
The candidate must be physically fit according to the prescribed physical standards.
- The candidate must be in good physical and mental health and free from any disease/ disability which is likely to interfere with the efficient performance of dutiesboth ashore and afloat, under peace as well as war conditions in any part of the world.
- There should be no evidence of weak constitution, bodily defects or underweight. The candidate should not be overweight or obese.
How To Apply Online For CDS Exam 2023
Candidates are required to apply online by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in
Salient Features of the system to Online Applications Form are given here under:
- Candidates will be required to complete the Online Application form containing two stages viz. Part I and Part II as per the instructions available in the above mentioned site through drop down menu.
- The candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees two hundred only) [except SC/ST candidates and those specified in Note-2 of Point 4 (Fee) of the Notice who are exempted from payment of fee] either by depositing the money in any branch of SBI by cash or by using any Visa/ Master/ Rupay Credit/ Debit Card/ UPI Payment or by using internet banking facility of any Bank.
- Before start filling up Online Application, a candidate must have his photograph and signature duly scanned in the .jpg format in such a manner that each file should not exceed 300 KB each and must not be less than 20 KB in size for the photograph and signature.
- A candidate must have his Matriculation Certificate ready prior to filling up his application form. The details viz. Candidate’s Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name & Date of Birth to be filled in Online Application Form of the candidate should match exactly with particulars mentioned in the Matriculation Certificate.
- In addition to this, candidate should also have details of one photo ID viz. Aadhar Card/ Voter Card/ PAN Card/ Passport/ Driving License/ Any other photo ID Card issued by the State/Central Government. The details of this photo ID will have to be provided by the candidate while filling up the online application form.
- The Online Applications (Part I and II) can be filled from 21st December, 2022 to 10th January, 2023 till 6:00 PM.
- The applicants must ensure that while filling their Application Form, they are providing their valid and active E-mail Ids as the Commission may use electronic mode of communication while contacting them at different stages of examination process.
- The applicants are advised to check their e-mails at regular intervals and ensure that the email address ending with @nic.in are directed to their inbox folder and not to the SPAM folder or any other folder